Northside PTA Membership
PTA Membership is statewide and comprised of hundreds of thousands of parents, teachers, administrators, students and other child advocates in approximately 1600 local units and councils.
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth. To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education
- Making every child's potential a reality by establishing the New York State Congress of Parents and Teachers, Inc. (NYS PTA) as the premier association for parent involvement and advocacy for all children.
- A powerful voice for all children,
- A relevant resource for families and communities, and
- A strong advocate for the education and well-being of every child.
- Every child deserves to have his/her basic needs met.
- Every child deserves an education designed to meet the child's needs.
- Public education is the appropriate forum to prepare children for participation in a democratic society.
- Every child deserves our continued commitment to advocacy.
- PTA will take the lead in parent involvement by training parents to be partners in education.
- PTA will take the lead in promoting the value of parent involvement with the community and educational partners.
- We are responsible for identifying, understanding, and meeting the needs of our diverse membership.
- Educators are integral part of our association.
- Education and leadership training and self-evaluation are essential at all levels.
- Programs and materials should be provided to enhance parenting skills.
- Challenging oneself leads to growth.
- National PTA provides the following benefits when you log on to www.pta.org and sign in with the user id and password on the back of your PTA Membership Card.
- Online parenting resources, including select articles from Our Children magazine.
- E-newsletters on parenting and legislative issues.
- Leadership training opportunities in-person and online.
- The Member-to-Member Network, connecting you to Congress when help is needed on issues important to children, schools, and families.
- Exclusive National PTA member benefits and sponsor offers from:
- MetLife Auto & Home ®
- The PTA/Sharp Electronics member store is now available
- T-MOBILE - America's Largest 4G Network