Wisdom Lane Guidance Department
Mrs. O'Sullivan, Guidance Chairperson and Counselor:
7th and 8th Grade: A-Ca
Mrs. Elder, Counselor
Mrs. Loveland, Counselor
Mrs. McDermott and Mrs. Psinakis
School: Wisdom Lane Middle School
School Phone: (516) 434-7310
Did You Know?
- If a student is absent from school for more than one day, a parent may call Guidance early on the morning of the 2nd consecutive day out to arrange for homework.
- Some teachers post their homework on the website. Look under staff and if your teacher's name has a link, there is a good chance that they update their homework daily.
- If your child forgets books or other necessary homework materials in school, the door near the Principal's office is open until 9:30 p.m. The child must be escorted by an adult for safety reasons.
- If you are planning to move out of the school district, it is wise to notify Guidance as early as possible to arrange for records to be sent ahead of time. (This makes for a much easier transition for the student)
- If you change your phone number or home address, please call Guidance.
* If interested in joining any of the groups, please see your guidance counselor. Times and dates T.B.A.
Socialization Group- The purpose of the socialization group is to help students strengthen the skills needed to be successful academically and socially. The topics we cover include, but are not limited to, self-esteem, friendship, bullying, study skills, making good choices, and coping with stress and anxiety. During the group meetings, students participate in various activities such as role playing, games, discussions and creative projects. This program has been helpful in the past and it is a lot of fun!
Study Skills- The purpose of this group is to help students learn how to set clear, definite, and possible goals, learn how to design programs that will help them achieve those goals, and learn how to keep up motivation through positive reinforcement. Succeeding in school is the main way students learn they are capable of succeeding in the world and it builds their confidence!
Relaxation Island- Topics included in this group are: how to handle test anxiety, tension-relaxation, student success, and in each session we will talk about issues that come up during the year and try to problem solve together as a group. Games and fun activities will be included in all sessions. The objective of the group is f or the student to learn how to cope with stressful situations that come up during the year.
Honor Roll Requirements
Criteria for Honor Roll: combined quarterly average of 85 and above.
Criteria for High Honor Roll: combined quarterly average of 90 and above.