One-to-One Windows 10 Tablet Information
Levittown Public Schools understands the expanding role of technology as a vehicle to improve student learning in school and at home. The twenty-first century presents evolving opportunities for students to learn using digital resources. New technology now provides greater opportunities for creativity, collaboration and communication. This Fall, the District will present an enhanced learning opportunity for the ninth grade students by providing a digital tablet assigned to them for use in school and at home.
The introduction of this technology has the potential to change the structure of the high school classroom as well as the nature of instruction and learning. The District has a long-range vision for how the use of the device will catalyze these changes. In addition, the district will support the program with professional development for the staff as well as training for the students.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Who owns the Tablets?
- Who pays for accessories?
- What additional accessories will work with my Tablet?
- Are there any school fees for using the Tablet?
- Can my child bring their own Tablet instead of using the district-issued Tablet?
- How will Tablets be secured during the school day?
- Who is responsible for the repair of the Tablet?
- Who is responsible for damage or theft of the Tablet?
- What will happen if my student forgets to bring the Tablet to school?
- What will happen to my son or daughter's work stored on the computer?
- How will the Tablet be identified?
- Who can use the Tablet?
Frequently Asked Technical Questions:
- How do I turn my Tablet on?
- How do I connect to my Wi‐Fi at home?
- Can the Tablet be used even if I don't have Wi‐Fi at home?
- Troubleshooting Wi-Fi Issues:
- How do I turn the device off?
- What do I do if my Tablet freezes?
- How do I print?
- How do I disconnect the keyboard?
- Troubleshooting Power Issues:
- Where can I get more information on setting up and using my Tablet?