In case of inclement weather or other emergencies, parents and students will receive an
automated telephone message.
They may also:
Visit our website:
- Watch Channel 12 News
- Watch Verizon FiOS Channel 1
- Tune To the Following Radio Stations: 97.5 FM (WALK), 103.1 FM (B103), 94.3 FM (SHARK), 98.3 FM (KJOY), 1010 AM (WINS), 1100 AM (WHLI) or 880 AM (CBS)
- Call individual school buildings for automated message
The district will choose one of three options:
- Option I - Schools open at regular time
- Option II - *Delayed opening (2 Hours)
- Option III - Close schools for the day
In case of
either Option I or Option II, all schools will dismiss at the regular time.
If schools are subject to a delayed opening:
- Children who are transported by district buses, should be at their bus stops two (2) hours after their normal pick-up time.
- The AM session of GC-Tech will be cancelled and the PM session will begin at the regularly scheduled time of 11:50AM.
The following schedule will be followed on days when the district invokes delayed opening procedures:
All High schools (9-12) will start at
All Middle schools (6-8) will start at
Elementary/Full Day Kindergarten will start at
NOTE: In the event of inclement weather in the
, secondary schools may begin dismissal 20 minutes early so that elementary schools will be dismissed at regular time. LAP will remain in session.
: The delayed opening is for
students only. Teachers should make every effort to arrive to work on time.