Best Science Resources For Fourth - Fifth Grade
This list was the product of an Independent Study Group through the Levittown Teacher's Center. The sites were chosen and organized by a group of Gardiners Avenue Teachers and Teaching Assistants.
- Life Science Connections: Travel and explore with Safari Sally. Learn about different animal kingdoms and then you can take a quiz about the area you learned.
- Vertebrates and Invertebrates: Vocabulary matching game
- Animal Classification Game: True or False
- The Frog Tracker: Lets you listen to the calls of different North American frogs.
- Information on different ecosystems.
- This United Kingdom-based site includes information on all kinds of animals from elephants and wolves in the wild to hamsters and goldfish in your house
Oceans and Life
- The Living Oceans: Identify sea life in the three major biospheres of the sea: coral reef, continental shelf, and deep sea (*many other games*)
- Harcourt School - Electro-Magnets
- Harcourt School - Magnets and Compasses - Grade 5 - Chapter 18
- Magnet Million Game
Matter and Energy
- CHEM 4 KIDS: General explanations of states of matter and quiz
- Dig into Geology Matching Game: Test your knowledge about rocks.
Pollution, Recycling and Conservation